The AIS is a comprehensive statement containing details of all the financial transactions undertaken by you in a financial year (FY), i.e., it contains the information that are specified under the Income-tax Act, 1961.
It is important to check the information contained in AIS to ensure that the income tax department has the correct information about you. Here are the steps to download AIS and check the information in it.
Ais pdf password
The PDF have password protection. The password to access the downloaded PDF is a combination of your PAN and date of birth. For instance, if your PAN is AAAAA000A and your date of birth is January 1, 1991, the password for the PDF will be AAAAA0000A01011991.
How to download annual information statement
- Login into your account on the government’s e-filing portal at www.incometax.gov.in.
- Under the ‘Services’ tab, select ‘Annual Information Statement (AIS)’. A pop-up will appear on your screen. Click on ‘Proceed’. Site will be redirect you to another website.
- On the web page tab that opens, select ‘AIS’.
- You will have to select either of the two options: Taxpayer Information Summary (TIS) or Annual Information Statement (AIS). It will also show the financial year for which AIS is downloading.
- Select the download Arrow on the AIS box. A pop-up will appear asking you to select the format for downloading AIS. You can download statement PDF format and JSON utility.
annual information statement
Addition to AIS, a simplified Taxpayer Information Summary (TIS) shall also generated for each taxpayer which shows the aggregated value for the taxpayer for ease of filing return.
annual information statement press release today
According to this Press Release, The Income Tax Department has rolled out the new Annual Information Statement (AIS) on the Compliance Portal which provides a comprehensive view of information to a taxpayer with a facility to capture online feedback. This is one of the most important features in the new AIS which was not there in Form No. 26AS that you can now submit online feedback if any information shown in the AIS seems to be incorrect or belonging to any other person/ year etc.