Reasons for why we need a Constitution
- It is a significant rule of the nation. The relationship of people with governments is decided by this.
- It sets down standards and procedures that are necessary to live in peace for individuals belonging to various religious groups.
- Constitution sets out how the government will be chosen and who will have the authority and duty to decide things.
- It defines the parameters of the government’s control and informs us about people’s rights.
- Constitution reflects the desires of individuals to create a good society.
What is Constitution
Constitution is a set of written rules. People of a country must accept these rules. As an example Those rules determine the relationship between people living in a territory and also the people and government relationship.
Why do we need a Constitution
We need a constitution for the following reasons.
A. It generates a degree of trust and Coordination which is necessary for different kinds of people to live together.
B. The Constitution specifies the regulations of government and what power each organ will have and who will take what decision.
C. It also defines the responsibilities of all three pillars of the government i.e., legislature, executive and judiciary.
D. It regulates the relationship between the three organs of the government also with the people.
E. It also tells us about the rights and duties of the citizens.
F. It limits the powers of the government and tells us about the rights of the citizens.
G. The Indian constitution also protects/safeguards the interests of minorities, the backward classes and weaker sections.